Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

I survived working at the Warrior Dash - on my feet for 6+ hours. In 100 degree heat. With Plantar Faciitis. Oh ya, epic day. I have to give props to the competitors. Holy crap. They are strong! I'm complaining about standing around while they ran over 3 miles up a mountain doing an obstacle course.

Back to me. ;) I wanted to back out soooo bad. But my friend's charity is one that I've wanted to get involved with for a while...and I'm broke all the time so it's not like I could just write a check. So I thought it would be worth it to volunteer instead. I did it and I'm not any worse off for it...except for my right foot. I could barely walk Monday morning. But it is already getting better. I used it as an excuse to myself to avoid the gym though. Did I tell you I joined one by my work? My insurance pays for most of it as long as I go 3 days per week. Monday was supposed to be my first day working out. Instead I went to the drug store and bought some inserts for my shoes - I probably should have done that a long time ago.



We had a really bad storm go through during the night Monday night/early Tuesday morning. I ended up missing my alarm somehow and got to work late...so I skipped lunch to make up the time. Reason #2 this week for not going to the gym. I hate me.


I have one of those weather alarms and I have it set up to go off if there is any severe warnings in my county as well as the counties closest to me since I live close to the borders in terms of weather anyway. It went off around 2 a.m. I woke up my sister since it was a tornado warning. We turned on the TV and I pulled up the radar on my phone. Hollywood woke up and joined us in the living room while MK and lil brother slept through the cracking thunder and pouring rain. I heard MK coming down the hall...she says "Mom, should I move [lil brother]'s head away from the window?" His bed is near (but not right under) a window. Mid-sentence she opens her eyes and looks at all of us in the living room with the TV and lights on and says, "What the heck are you all doing? It's 2:30 in the morning!!" I laughed so hard. She was so foggy-minded in her half sleep and then to see the look on her face like, WTH??? So funny...like we always get up in the middle of the night to hang out and watch TV.


Anyway - the storm passed and we all went back to bed...but I must have shut my alarm off in my sleep or something because I woke up an hour late when my sister came in my room and asked me if I had to work today. Hahahaaha. Uh, yes. Oops.

Tomorrow is Independence Day. Whoop whoop! I'm having family over for a BBQ. It's supposed to be over 100 degrees AGAIN. So lame. I'm grilling chicken breasts and making a chicken & noodle salad...and then the rest is potluck. We were going to do yard games but I told everyone to bring a board game instead. LOL.

Here's to our freedom! Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on doing your volunteer stint. I can't figure out where to carve out time to go to a gym 3x a week, more power to you for doing so.

    ReplyDelete