Sunday, December 4, 2011

Just another weekend in our crazy lives

A snippet of my conversation today:

Me:        I bet you’ll be so excited to start school.
Lil Bro:  With (Hollywood) and (MK)?
Me:        Ya, I bet you’ll love going to school.
Lil Bro:  Thank you. Thank you for saying that.

How cute is that?

Here's something else that is too cute from him:


He fell asleep holding his trinkets he won at a pizza joint we visited after MK's dance show this weekend. He had a blast there.

Hollywood had a friend over for the weekend. MK and the two of them went for a long walk to my brother's house and grandpa's house to see the cats and kittens they have there. We managed to find homes for 2 of the 4 kittens we have. We're keeping one of them for sure - the littlest one - a girl. The other one spent the night at my brother's house last night but wouldn't stop crying and howling so we took it back today. Maybe when she gets a little bigger we can try again...or maybe she'll stay. :) We'll see what happens.

Oh, and they are now in my laundry room. It's big...not like a closet or anything. There was a GIANORMOUS tom cat outside of our house Friday night - a stray - that did something to one of the kittens. We saw it out there and I chased it off, but it came back. We heard Christopher squeal like he was being hurt so we all ran out there...it ran off again. Christopher was okay but all 6 of the cats (mom, old baby, and the 4 kittens) were all freaked out...growling, hair raised, doing that arched back thing. Hollywood declared that they were not spending another night outside for fear of their lives. I made an appeal to my peeps on FB to find homes for them. Hollywood's old girl scout leader got a hold of me...she's the one who took both boys - Christopher and Jellybean. Whew! 2 less mouths to feed. But now I've got all 4...even the old baby in the house (he's not really tame...only Hollywood can get near him). This is temporary.

The one we're keeping took a nap with me today. I wasn't feeling well. I have yet another cold coming on. She's just the sweetest little thing. We took her upstairs and she just cuddled in for a nap on my lap. I went in my room and laid on my bed...she curled up on me and fell sound asleep too. Hollywood came and stole her after a while though...but I slept for at least an hour. Lil bro is sick with a cold too. It was really tough to get motivated today. I guess the tree will wait until tomorrow.

We've been doing our advent calendar countdown thing. Lil Bro loves that whole thing. He gets it now - that we move it just one spot per day and when it gets to the 25 it will be Christmas. I love re-living the excitement of the holidays through him.

No comments:

Post a Comment