Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Anne's 60th!

Where has the time gone? Seriously!! I posted almost a month ago?!! No way!

I only have time for a short update - but I wanted to get these pictures up here weeks ago! My aunt Anne came for a visit at the beginning of the month - it was her 60th birthday and we threw her a party at my mom's place. I've linked to the picture set below. There were some Scandinavian items for food...like the ring cake (called Kransekake). We ordered that....it was a lot smaller than we expected...but it was yummy. I made the Blotkake - it is the strawberry and whipped cream covered sponge cake. That was my grandma's recipe and it turned out fabulous. :) Hollywood made her the butterfly cupcakes since it was a butterfly 3D theme party...and she also made her some of her famous red velvet cupcakes with marshmallow cream frosting....maybe those were not Scandinavian, but they were sure delicious!

We all had so much fun and (as always) her visit was just too short!

DSC_0056DSC_0054DSC_0045DSC_0042DSC_0038Treats!
DSC_0027DSC_0024DSC_0023DSC_0021DSC_0019DSC_0015
Butterfly CupcakesRed Velvet CupcakesBlotkake

Anne's 60th!, a set on Flickr.

1 comment: