Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Kittens

Did I tell you about the stray cat (I guess she's ours now) who moved her kittens up on my front steps? Ya, I did. Smart cat. Now we have 4 little fluff balls running around out there. They are so cute I can hardly stand it.

Hollywood is working to raise money to have them all spayed/neutered/shots done so she can keep them. I'm hoping to convince her to let me find them good indoor homes, but she's got other plans. She's allergic to cats so they can't live inside.

This one's name is Jellybean. He's named that because of a story MK told Hollywood about an animal shelter that was having trouble finding homes for black cats. They named one of them Jellybean and posted it's info online. It got adopted right away. So they tried it again with their next black cat that couldn't find a home. It worked again! They started doing that with all of them and there must have been something to it because they found homes way faster than with other names. Here is our black Jellybean:




Next is Bruno - it just fit. He or she is sweet and fluffy and OHMYGOSH I can't stop petting him! It's hard to tell if it is a boy or a girl when they are so young and fluffy.



Here is Jack (with the moustache) and Christopher - named after Christopher Columbus - he's the explorer of the bunch. He was out running around at 2-1/2 weeks, a good week or so ahead of his siblings. Jack is the whiner of the bunch. He's more shy and he cries when he gets too far away from his mama.


They are all very special to Hollywood. I guess they are to me too since I had a nightmare the other night that a giant tom cat came over and killed some of them. I was so upset. So scary - I hate it when I have nightmares. It doesn't happen often, thankfully.

1 comment: