Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thoughts....

I've decided to take Lil Brother to another pediatric dentist to get a 2nd opinion. I know he needs major work done, but I just want one more person to tell me exactly what he NEEDS done now. I also want to see what kind of setting they would do it in, what the dentist is like, etc. I didn't really know what to ask or expect last week but now I feel like I want to compare.

I keep thinking about him being put under and them working in his tiny mouth on his tiny teeth and it makes me want to cry. I don't want him to have to go through this. I know he has to, but I just can't stand the image of him in the chair while they work on his teeth for an hour or more. My poor baby. His appointment is early next Wednesday morning.

I will feel better if I have a 2nd ped. dentist look. This place does things differently than the first as well. They will do an exam and the x-rays in office so they can give me a better idea of what will need to be done. The other place was basically going to just put him under, then do the x-rays and do whatever needs to be done all in one shot. I guess I just feel better if he gets this out of the way rather than adding to the time he has to be put under while they do x-rays as well.

What do I know? I'm new at this. My girls never had dental issues. As a matter of fact, Hollywood has never had a filling in her life. And MK only had a couple when she was much older. Lil Bro is so little and I HATE the idea of putting him under. I know it is better for him and them to do it that way, but still. He's my baby.

2 comments:

  1. I think its a good idea to get a second opinion. However, one thing to consider - I did not put Holly under and tried to get her dental work done in the dentist office. They gave her a sedative and gas and she still fought them so hard - they had to put her on a papoose board (look it up). It BROKE my heart to hear her crying out for me and I could do nothing. I have to wonder if putting her under would have been better... Its so hard to know what to do.... Good luck with making decisions about it.
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete