Sunday, November 20, 2011

The week

Short week this week - YAY!!!! I can't wait to have some time off. At the new company I'm with we get a paid holiday for both Thursday and Friday. Love that! We're also having a pot luck lunch on Wednesday...so sounds like a pretty easy week for me!

For Thanksgiving this year we'll be heading to my mom's house. She lives very close by so no travel for us either. Can't wait for turkey! I'm not sure what I'm going to make to bring yet.

Friday the kids and I have planned to dig out the Christmas tree and decorate it while I try my hand at making phở bò (Vietnamese noodle soup served with beef). It takes about 6 hours so we'll have plenty of time to get the Christmas decorating done. I wanted to make the pho this past weekend, but the snow screwed up my schedule. I found all but one of the ingredients in my local Cub Foods, which surprised me. I'm so excited and I hope it turns out - I could live off of the stuff.


Later Friday I think we're heading to my friend's house for a get together. Saturday I'm thinking we'll be heading to my aunt's house for another Thanksgiving celebration, but I have not received confirmation of that yet.

To sum it up, it looks like a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment