Saturday, April 28, 2012

Too much to do.

My list of projects for this spring/summer is longer and requires more $ than I will have, I'm sure.

1) We acquired another small chicken coop - MK got it from her dad. She also saved up her money and begged me to let her get some more chicks. Long story short, she has them coming toward the end of May. The coop is in need of some TLC. Siding and paint mostly. I can buy the siding to match our other coop so it will look nice when we paint it. I'm hoping that it will cost under $60 for the siding since it is small and we used sort of cheaper stuff last time. I think I have one panel left from that too. Obviously I will stick with our color scheme of barn red and white trim.

2) I got 2 round posts to put our blue bird houses on. Hollywood made a birdhouse in school a year and a half ago that is still sitting around not being used. I borrowed a post-hole digger (the manual DIY kind that is probably older than I am) from my dad. Now I just have to figure out where I want them and put them up.

3) Put together the gazebo thing that I bought last summer. My ex-boyfriend was going to put it together for me until he opened the box, saw all the pieces, and decided it was too much work. I hope I can find all the pieces now. It's a cheaper one so I'm hoping it works. I got it on clearance at Target to put up on my deck which will make it more usable since the sun beats down on that side of the house all the time.

4) MK has made me promise to take a couple days off when they get out of school to do something that I did NOT expect her to want to do - organize our house. Ya - she is somewhat of a....perfectionist in her own room and I am somewhat of a.....slob. She would like to teach me a few tricks I guess. She wants me to just throw stuff away that has been stored in places like closets and the crawl space. She called me out - "you always say you will sell it but you never do, so just throw it away." LOL. I think I will just list the stuff on freecycle since we have a chapter in our area and leave it outside for the taking.

5) I'm still too broke to go on a real vacation with the kids this summer, but I think I'm going to reserve a camping cabin up north for a 4 day weekend. I have to do something. We all need the time away - we always have such a good time together like that. I have to remember that MK will be leaving the nest before I know it and I need to make a lot more memories for her before that happens. Sheesh - just thinking about her flying the coop makes me want to vomit.

That's just 5 things...I'm sure there are more but I don't want to think about any more right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment