Thursday, April 12, 2012

A very special day

A certain someone had a birthday today - Hollywood. I took her out to get her hair and nails done and do a little shopping. Here is what our day looked like from my cell phone:

First stop - a local bakery for some cappuccino and a pastry.
Photo0993

Second Stop - the beauty shop for a new hairstyle:

Photo0994

Tada!

Photo0998

She got some copper highlights, layers, and bangs!

Next stop - one of our favorite places - OSAKA!

Photo0999

We ate way too much! I had a credit with Groupon so I paid for this dinner a long time ago - our bill came to $2.16 after my Groupon. Yay me!

Next stop - her very first time getting her nails and toes done, professionally!

Photo1000

The woman who did her nails was pregnant - her baby is due in June. I wish there wasn't such a language barrier, I would have liked to talk to her more. She did such a nice job! She added some flowers, etc. and they look great! You'll have to take my word for it since my camera on my phone doesn't do close-ups.
Photo1001

Photo1002

Lastly we stopped at the mall. We didn't buy anything while we were there. We were running short on time (and money). We did however look at the pet shop they have there. They are all so cute but we both felt sad thinking about where they came from and the whole puppy-mill deal that goes with it. Yet, there they are all stuffed into cages vying for attention. We also saw some very attractive cockatiel - one of whom rushed over to greet us and was just the cutest little thing ever.  I've never owned a bird....too many cats around for that.

Anyway, Hollywood had a blast on her mom-daughter happy-birthday day! So did I. I heard quite a few "you're the best mom in the whole world" and "thank you so much!" compliments today. :)

When we got home from our adventure, Little brother was here waiting. I asked him if he liked Hollywood's hair and his response was so precious. He moved her hair from her shoulder and looked it over...and then he said, "It's wonderful!" Soooo sweet.

Pure awesomeness.

1 comment: