Friday, August 19, 2011

Back to school time....

I took the kids school clothes shopping today. We are doing it differently than before. I had the kids make a list of just a few things they needed for clothes...just to get them started. It seems like one of them always has a growth spurt right after buying tons of clothes that then don't fit anymore. So last year we started taking inventory of what could be worn to school that they already have and then adding a few new things before school, then more as needed later. They don't seem to mind.

This year I added a new level of cheap. We went to Once Upon a Child for my preteen child. They carry sizes up to 16 now. I found 2 pair of Limited*Too jeans and a pair of Abercr*mbie jeans for her there - like new! The total for the 3 awesomely cute pairs of jeans - $28! That was all she needed for jeans to get her started for the year. We also found 2 cute shirts (like new), a hoodie, and an awesome backpack. Joy to the world, mom saved an a$$ load of cash. I also bought my son (preschool age) 5 pairs of pants there - the grand total? 68 freakin bucks. Holy Hannah - that ROCKED.

My teenager...she refused Plat*'s closet where they carry her sizes 2nd hand. But we went to JC P's and got all her stuff on sale. I even found a couple shirts for under $20 a piece. She found 3 really cute jeans that she loves and some tops along with a new bag. She's been using the same one forever. We had a great time shopping, eating, and hanging out.

I ♥ shopping. I'm finding it SUPER exciting to find great deals on stuff too. Like the coupon I found for $1.00 off two Orteg@ products - I bought 2 packets of taco seasoning for $0.36 at T@rget today with that. We bought some of the school supplies there. They have 20 cent notebooks. Whoo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment