Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Introduction

So, here I am. All these years of my life have gone by and here I am. Late 30's. Single - still. 3 children. Dreams I used to have...passing me by. And yet, here I am. You don't get a do-over...this is my life. Where do I go from here? Where to start? What is this blog even for? Me. It's for me. I'll tell you what I think and you may not like it. I'm done giving a rip what people think. If there is one thing I have learned - it's that you can't please everyone and sometimes you can't please anyone. So what? Who cares?

The recession has hit me personally...although I don't blame the economy for me going broke. I built up stellar credit for all of my adult life...built a house, owned a nice vehicle, had nice things...and then lost my job I'd had for over a decade when the company went under. I found another job right away...for less money...and even that pay declined when the new company was hit by the recession as well. I fell behind on everything. I still have my home...but barely. I'm a month behind on my mortgage and can't seem to get caught up. But I keep trying. I have 3 little lives that depend on me so failure is not an option.

You know what pisses me off? Everything lately. Lazy people. People who sit around bitching about their lives or being broke but yet they come home from their job and sit around watching TV or on the computer. How about you go get another job? I have 3. One full time and 2 part time. I can't possibly work any more than I do already. I don't sleep much and I don't watch TV. This blog here - this is my outlet....so hang on, it may be a rough ride.

I decided there is only one way to go from here - up. I need a life makeover. I'm too poor to buy help with that (think life coach)....so I'm going it alone. And I might just take my whole family with me. I need a new body...I've abused mine and the wear is showing...as is the fast food meals eaten in my car during the many hours a week I spend commuting. I also need a financial makeover. I make decent money. I spend it too fast. I need to control that. So this is my journey...to a healthy checkbook and body. I have always had a plan for my life...and now all my plans are shot to hell. I need a new plan. And this is it. I can do anything I set my mind to...and I will. I just have to figure out exactly how.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Sorry you have hit a rough patch! I'm struggling over here too. Hang in there. Love this blog!

    ReplyDelete