Sunday, August 21, 2011

Workout and Worry

My daughter and I did the Zumba workout tonight. Holy cow. My feet, hips, and back felt it. My feet still do. I like it though...but I think I have no rhythm at all....I feel awkward doing it. I'm sure it will get easier as we go. They went over about 20 dances in an hour so when we get to do them longer, I'm sure it will come together...I hope. I plan to weigh myself tomorrow morning for a start weight and see if I can lose some of this extra stuff I'm carrying around.

I went into town today and on the road just outside of town I met the recent ex boyfriend on his way out. I wish that wouldn't have happened. I would like to pretend he doesn't exist. Besides - he is from a different down in the opposite direction - can't he stay in his own town and away from mine? I didn't look directly in his vehicle so I don't know if he was alone and I didn't see him, just his truck. It made me think about him and the crap that happened all day long. HATE. THAT. I think it is much safer - both physically and mentally if I stay single forever. I wish I didn't have any desire to have a man in my life. That would be easiest.

Changing tune a bit...I'm a little concerned lately about my son. I don't know if it is allergies, dry skin, or what...but he has been rubbing his face, ears, and head almost like a compulsion thing. It just started just over a week ago. Actually today wasn't so bad, but yesterday was. It could be allergies too. My mom made a point to tell me what she thought of it. She thinks I should tell him to stop when he does it...and keep reminding him not to do it. I think that's making an issue out of it and then it will be...an issue. I'm going to make an appointment with our family doc just rule out an object up the nose or whatever and then see what he says about it. Sometimes he stutters a little bit (my son, not the doc)....but not always. I kind of think that is something he'll outgrow and don't want to make it an issue either. But I guess it's best to get an expert's opinion. I felt defensive when my mom brought it up. I don't know why I felt that way...I shouldn't. She's just concerned and then I guess it just makes me scared. I'm a worrier by nature. I have to stop that.

No comments:

Post a Comment