Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Another ear problem...and what am I doing?

How can this guy get me to fall for him over and over again? 14 years and counting. Off and on, off and on. Hollywood is really happy her dad is coming over again. To me he seems somehow different this time. She's picked up on it too. He's far from perfect - he has some of the same old flaws - but he is more open and outgoing...and we've been able to talk about the issues from the past without having a blow out. Baby steps. Anyone can pretend for a few weeks. Look at the last guy I dated - a whole YEAR of pretend. I'd like something REAL this time.


Let's be honest - I don't know what the hell I'm doing. If my kids were against me letting him back in my (our) life, I would stuff it all down and stay away from him. But they're not. He's trying to right the wrongs. They were BIG wrongs. That's the thing about hurtful words - once they spill from your lips you can't take them back. There they are, all ugly and out in the open. He can't change what he said. But he's been so kind and told me how stupid it was for him to blow up and he did talk to MK and apologize. I think he feels genuinely sorry for acting like a jerk. MK has no reason to forgive him, but she doesn't mind him coming around as long as he keeps being so good to all of us. Time will tell.

Speaking of MK - she told me today that she needed to go to the Dr. She said her ears hurt and were plugged up. She has no other symptoms. We had been to the Ke$ha concert a few weeks ago and it started shortly after that. She didn't want to tell me, but she thought that she had permanently damaged her hearing or something. We went to urgent care tonight and they ended up cleaning her ears so they could see in them. She had a lot of wax in there - A LOT. It was hiding an infection too. So she's got ear drops and antibiotics now. And no hearing damage. From the looks of it, she had internal earplugs in at the concert. LOL and YUCK. She said she felt a lot better just from them cleaning them out. Poor girl. She's such a great student and she even brought her homework to the clinic to work on while we waited. Good thing too since we were gone almost 3 hours. I ♥ her.

No comments:

Post a Comment