Sunday, September 18, 2011

Weekend recap

This weekend flew by as usual. I'm trying to remember what all we did. Friday S~ came over and we just hung out at home with the kids. We all had a nice time. Saturday I cleaned up outside - washed the windows on the front of the house where all the tree frogs have been sticking their tiny feet all summer and pooping giant turds. I got down all the spider webs and a wasp nest, then I mowed the grass - twice. My lawn mower had been out of commission for some time, so I mowed it once higher up and then again low. Looks much better out there now and not like an abandoned/foreclosed home.

Sunday I took the girls shopping for some more school clothes, courtesy of my Aunt Anne. :) She sent the girls gift cards so they were eager to use them. One of them I was able to combine with a 20% off coupon so MK did pretty good there. She got gorgeous 3 tops, some earrings, and some bracelets. Hollywood found 2 more pairs of jeans and 2 tops along with some fun stuff as well. We also enjoyed lunch/supper at my favorite place, Red Lobster. Lil Bro asked for and ate a bunch of fish and broccoli. Yay! Thank you, Aunt Anne!

After we got back from our shopping and dining trip we grabbed a comforter from home that a certain little someone had spilled an entire cup of orange koolaid on and headed for the laundromat. It doesn't fit in my machine.

Not my favorite place to go, but it's clean and it sure smelled good in there.


MK did her homework while we waited. She's such a good student.


It smelled good in there until this one lady showed up. Have you ever smelled meth smoke? Unfortunately I have - on a guy I used to work with. I never knew what the smell he always stunk like was until I took a drug, alcohol and tobacco class. They explained it and I knew right away that was what he smelled like. That lady smelled like it too - really strong. I posted on FB that either she was smoking it in her car with the windows up or was wearing "essence of cat piss" perfume. YUCK.

We got home and had some popcorn, watched some TV, and then I got the kids off to bed. Lil Bro watched Yo Gabba Gabba - he's into that lately. Only he calls it Oh Gabba Gabba. His big treat for the day was a Lightening McQueen Lego kit from the Cars 2 movie. He loves those. I'm sure he'll keep asking until he has the whole Cars 2 Legos collection. He has mater already and some other one. Hollywood helped him put it together at the laundromat. He was so good all day today. He doesn't really enjoy shopping much, but today he was awesome.



Here's his scary "smile" face. LOL He cracks me up so bad. He has such a cute smile...but when you ask him to smile for the camera he does this. Too funny.

Lil Bro has decided he wants to be a zebra for Halloween. Don't ask how that came up, I have no clue.

1 comment: