Monday, September 12, 2011

A date and a wedding

Did I scare you with that title?

I'd have to say that this weekend was pretty great. I went on a date on Friday night with Hollywood's dad. A real date - where he took me to a nice restaurant and paid for our meal. Hey, after what I've been dealing with I don't take anything for granted. ;) We went to a place I had never heard of: SuiShin - a Japanese place with delicious sushi and everything else. I ate things I've never heard of before. Hollywood's dad (S.) got Sukiyaki - I liked his dish better than my own. The sushi was SOOO GOOD. It's in North Oaks if you're in MN.

The kids and my extended family and I went to a wedding dance on Saturday night for a family friend. It was beautiful - outdoors - and PERFECT weather for it. Little Bro loved it - especially the popping of the bubbles they had on the tables. 



Here is a picture of my sister, me, and my brother. He was the best man, but isn't he always? ;)


My niece - she's such a doll! She looks so grown up in this picture. Wow - time flies!


And here is one of my sweet little family. I am one lucky woman.


Little Bro even shook it a little bit while chasing bubbles. :)


On Sunday we went to visit my grandma in the nursing home. She asked me if she had missed some big catastrophe. I didn't know what she was talking about at first, but then she showed me the newspaper. She was reading about the anniversary of 09/11. I guess the part of her memory that stored that event has been affected by her memory loss. I went through the events of that day and told her the details I knew. It was strange telling her about it...like breaking the news to her. She is from Norway, so she at first compared it to the recent events that happened in Oslo, but I told her nearly 3,000 people had died. She seemed to realize then the magnitude of it. I'm sure my aunt had probably already told her the details earlier that day, but her short term memory didn't recall it. What a sad day that was 10 years ago. I still remember it like yesterday.

S. was over on Sunday too. Lil bro was in hog-heaven sitting on S's motorcycle. Last year he was afraid of it...this time he wouldn't get off. He asked a million questions, like what the screws were for around the gas cap. Then he asked me to go get my allen wrenches from my tool box so he could take it off. I'm in trouble when this little one gets bigger and starts dismantling things. LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment