Friday, September 2, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

The summer is almost over. *dislike* The girls go back to school, my son goes back to daycare full time, and I have to get back into a routine that doesn't allow for hitting the snooze button repeatedly if I'm tired. We'll all live. I'm excited for them - school is an adventure. Mary Katherine LOVES school and she got most of the classes she requested. She does SO well in school and is really taking her high school career seriously, academically speaking.

Hollywood (formerly known as Peanut) is also excited, but nervous too since this will be her first year in middle school. She'll do great. Props to my aunt M. who took her to the orientation for me since they scheduled it the same night as the Ke$ha concert that Mary Katherine, my sister, and I went to. Hollywood wants to get her highlights touched up before school starts, so tomorrow is looking like the day we might do that. Mary Katherine wants to get some red streaks in the underside of her hair too...I think I'll let her. You're only young once! I don't really have the money for it, but they took care of Lil Bro all summer and I owe them.

I'm a little irritated with daycare. They operate a preschool in the same building as my son's daycare. When my girls were little, if it was a home daycare or a center, they always did a preschool curriculum regardless. My daycare wants me to pay $100 per month for 3 partial days a week of instruction or $75 for 2 days. Um, hello? Am I not already paying you ~ $700 per month for him to be at your center anyway???? I asked if it was mandatory (since I'm barely scraping by the way it is). She said no, but said they *strongly encourage* it. Then she asked if it was the financial aspect of it that made me not want him to go. I said that it was the only reason I didn't want him to. She said she would check into getting a scholarship for him. That was nice of her. I still don't really get why I would have pay extra when I'm already paying them to take care of him though.

Lil Bro is most likely going to be attending his very first State Fair this weekend. I'm going to drag my camera along where ever we go so check back for pictures!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment