Friday, September 16, 2011

Lil Bro's got something new

Is it just me or do you kind of go temporarily blind after reading my blog? I see lines when I go from the dark background with white letters to the opposite. Maybe I should change it to something different. Thoughts?

Lil Bro had a good day today. He finished his antibiotic so he's done taking his "blue raspberry candy" as he calls the amoxicilin that I turned blue with food coloring because he wouldn't take it white. I don't know why it wasn't the usual kid-friendly pink color, but he thought for sure it was something vile when it was white.

He also finally got the one thing he has been waiting for - his Cars 2 blanket. I had decided to make him a blanket/quilt type thing a couple months ago. We went to the store and he picked out some fabric - with Cars 2 characters on it. I bought some batting to use too. That was when I was working 3 jobs...so it sat on my sewing cabinet since then. I'm down to 2 jobs now, so finally yesterday I started working on it. I have never made a blanket like that before and didn't have anything to follow, but how hard can it be? Not very, I think. I cut it and started pinning it yesterday. Lil Bro LOVES to point out each different car and either tell or ask what it's name is. 




Today I finished pinning it and sewed it all together. It was tough getting it back from him to take a picture. The color sucks on these pictures, but it's late and I'm too tired to fix it. Sorry.



He LOVES it. He was so excited. MK was at dance practice when I got it all done. He kept asking when she would be home so he could show her his "Cars blanket". It turned out like I had hoped. It's not too thick. It's nice and soft. He can cuddle up in it. Actually that is what he's doing right now. He's all wrapped up in bed in it. His baby comforters were getting too small - he often pulls the blanket up over his head and now when he does that, his feet stick out. :) 



Problem solved. I picked up another yard of fabric tonight (same stuff) to make a matching pillow case since I made the blanket extra long. I like making stuff. Saves money too!

Tomorrow is Friday. YAHOO! I'm supposed to be having a garage sale Saturday...I'm SOOO not ready. I took 1/2 day off tomorrow though, so hopefully I can pull it all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment