Saturday, October 29, 2011

Gearing up for Halloween

The girls' costumes are planned. Lil Bro tried his on today...and then didn't want to take it off. He's a zebra this year. I'm going to paint stripes on his face when we go trick or treating on Monday.



Lil Brother did not want to have ANYTHING to do with carving pumpkins this year. He sat at the table and watched us while playing a keyboard. It was kind of funny. He just wanted us to do it for him. He said he wanted a happy face. I remember last year he didn't like it either. He'll grow into it I hope. :)

Hollywood carved his for him. This was her idea of happy I guess:



Eeeww. I know. I made her take the dirty guts out of its mouth. This year we had a kitty, a cyclops, and two ghost pumpkins.


I thought it was fitting to carve a cat pumpkin since we are being over-run with them right now. 


Hollywood's stray that showed up here during the summer still has one big kitten from then and 4 new kittens that we'll be finding homes for. We're saving up money to get the stray spayed since it doesn't appear that she's going anywhere. I just wish her big kitten she showed up here with was tame. I don't know if it's a boy or girl, but I can't get near it so it's not like I can get it fixed easily. Here's the mama cat that Hollywood named Natalie.


This is her big kitten from when she showed up here with it this past summer:

And here are a couple of her new kittens:

I got super sick on Thursday night - fever, body aches, sore throat, dizzy, sore neck, headache, upper respiratory stuff. I missed work on Friday...I didn't even shower or get dressed. GROSS. I just slept and took Tylenol. Somehow overnight Friday night things took a turn for the better and by now (Saturday night) I'm feeling pretty good. I had the flu shot on Tuesday so I just wonder if that had anything to do with it. Strange. I'm so glad that I'm feeling better though. I have way too much stuff to do to be sidelined with another illness.






1 comment:

  1. Phew! Finally got a comment to post. I've been trying several days. Probably user error. I finally added your new blog to my reader- I won't get so far behind from now on! I am glad you are okay! And glad you got some info from the adoption clinic. I love little man's costume!! Our boys would have made quite the duo!

    ReplyDelete