Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sunday yummies - quiche

I made up a new recipe today...we raise chickens so we usually have lots of eggs. I have been craving quiche so I looked up some recipes for it and then made my own using some of the ideas I saw. I'll share it with you because it was a big hit with the kids and turned out super yummy! Pictures of food are hard to take, so just trust me - it looked and tasted awesome.

Ingredients:

1 tube crescent rolls
5 eggs
1/3 cup milk
~2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
a couple slices of onion - chopped
1/2 pound of bacon
parsley
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Unroll crescent rolls and arrange in 9" pie plate to completely cover. Pinch seams together. Poke air holes with fork in crust and then bake for about 4 minutes and then set aside.



Fry bacon until crispy, then place on paper towel covered plate to cool.

Beat together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and onions.



Sprinkle half of the cheese into the pie plate. Crumble bacon (I cut my bacon up with a scissors) and sprinkle most of it on top of cheese - save some for topping. Pour in egg mixture. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the egg, and then add remaining bacon crumbles. Sprinkle just a pinch of parsley flakes over it.



Take tin foil and cover the exposed edge of the pie crust. *I didn't have any so I ended up cutting off the edge since it got over-cooked.*

Bake for about 40-45 minutes. It is ready when a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.





The kids - including my fussiest eater, Lil Brother - all loved it. There was nothing left of it when they were done.

No comments:

Post a Comment